Virtually every corner of our city offers scenes to inspire the artist. Parks, historic buildings, the River Thames, iconic industrial sites, busy streets and modern architecture all come together in a vibrant urban backdrop.
Pintar Rapido sets you the challenge of painting a scene out on the street in just one a day. Your finished picture will be hung the following day at the Pintar Rapido selling exhibition and you will be a contented to win a Pintar Prize.
You choose your subject and how you paint it. Oils, watercolours, acrylic, drawing, pastels, pen and ink and other mediums – all are welcomed.
Taking part involves six simple steps:
Category One -amateur artists: if you are unfamiliar with exhibiting and you recognise yourself as belonging to this group, Pintar Rapido respectfully ask you to regard our guide price and put your picture up for sale for a price between £50 - £250.
Category Two- professional and semi-professional artists: If you are confident about pricing because you have exhibited and sold your work on a regular basis you are welcome to set your own selling price.
The pictures will all be hung in the main hall and in two sections. Those that are valued at £50 - £250, and those pieces of work with an asking price of £250 plus.
Prizes will also be awarded separately across the two categories. See prizes here.
2. Creative preparation If possible visit the area ahead of the event. This will help you decide where to paint.
3. Painting Day Saturday 29 July 2017.
Artists should come to Pintar Rapido HQ at Chelsea Old Town Hall, King's Road, London SW3 5EE between 9.00am and 11.00am to sign-in, bringing with you:
After registration artists may go off to enjoy creating their picture, but must return with the finished artwork by 6pm as we close check-in at 7pm, where it will be labeled ready for hanging. With the picture, you should give us your completed registration form including the title of your work, and the price at which you wish to offer it for sale.
4. Hanging. We recommend that you frame your finished picture, so that it will hang better and be as attractive as possible to potential buyers. We provide frame storage space (at your own risk) while you're out painting, plus desks for framing on. Whether your painting is framed or unframed, you must attach a wire or cord to it before you check it in, as we can’t do this for you and it must be ready to hang on hooks when you give it to us. The only exception is works on paper, which will be hung with pins.
We will hang all the pictures overnight. Please note that we can’t be responsible for any damage that may occur through hanging is your painting is still wet but we do try our best to look after them all.
All pictures must be offered for sale.
5. Exhibition and sale Sunday 30 July 2017 Chelsea Old Town Hall, King's Road, London SW3 5EE, Please bring with you the same 2-Day Artist’s Pass (ticket) you presented on Saturday, as this entitles you to come into the exhibition and private view.
Artist’s Private View and Pintar Prize. 11am-12noon. Before the exhibition opens to the public, artists are invited to a Private View, where the winners of the Pintar Prize will be announced. The Private View is also a terrific chance for artists to meet each other and the judges before the public arrive.
The doors open to the public at 12noon and close at 5.30pm.
Please do try and stay at the exhibition to meet potential buyers and to enjoy the day and take part in the Artists' Workshops
6. After the exhibition. All unsold works will be available for the artists to pick up between 5.30 – 6.00 pm, after the doors have closed to the public. Other than in exceptional circumstances, we ask all artists (and buyers) to keep the work on display until the close, so that the exhibition doesn’t become depleted.
If you wish, you can authorise us to provide your contact details on the registration form to the buyer of your painting. We cannot give you contact details of the buyers.
Please note: As we can't store paintings that are not collected, all uncollected pictures will be donated to charity. If you can’t collect your own picture after 5.30 pm on the day, please authorise someone else to do it for you and let us know when you hand it in. We will check IDs for those collecting paintings, but you can also use your 2-Day Artist’s Pass for this purpose Read full terms and conditions